Northwood’s Airlifeline (NWALL) will be holding Airlifelinefest 2015 on August 29th, 2015 in the County hangar at Ford Airport.
The day will start off with a BBQ, at the NWALL hangar, honoring all those we have flown over the past 25+ years of service. As this list is extremely long, NWALL is asking for your help in locating patients that have been flown over the years. In the case where the patient has passed on, NWALL would like to still include the family members. We are requesting your help in acquiring the names and addresses of those who have benefited from NWALL since our service was started. There is also going to be an area displaying NWALL over the past 25+ years and we are looking for photos of those that have flown and or of special events honoring NWALL. If you have photos you would like to share, you can mail them to: NWALL, PO BOX 2973, Kingsford, MI 49802 or email them.
CFMOTO UForce 800
NWALL is also conducting a raffle, with a CFMOTO UForce 800 “side by side” as 1st prize, 2nd prize is $250.00 and 3rd prize is $100.00. Raffle License # is R31384 and tickets are one for $5.00 or five for $20.00. NWALL has been very fortunate to have received tremendous support from many local businesses that have stepped forward to host locations where tickets can be purchased:
- Iron Mountain / Kingsford: ProTech Lube and Wash, Kubick Aviation, Nelson Paint Company, Dickinson Area Chamber, WJNR Radio Station, Crispigna’s Italian Market, U.P. Truck Center, Greenleaf’s Solberg’s Restaurant, The White House Pub & Grill, Econo Foods and Kathy Wolfe is a contact at the Dickinson County Hospital.
- Norway: Wilson Auto Collision (also their Niagara location) Redline Sports and Norway Mountain
- Crystal Falls: IGA Jubilee Foods (also their Iron River location) and Adrienne’s House of Hair
- Escanaba: Delta County Chamber, Gust ASP and Swedish Pantry
- Iron River: IGA Jubilee Foods
- Republic: Pete’s True Value and the Chicken Coop
- Marquette: Econo Foods
- Houghton: Econo Foods
- Hancock: Bruno’s Motor’s
In addition to the listed businesses, tickets can also be purchased thru your local Lion’s Club members and thru any NWALL member. Additional Locations will be announced as they are confirmed. If you would like to sell tickets, please do not hesitate to contact Teresa Louys @ (906) 396-4148.
The “side by side” and other prizes will have winners drawn on August 29th, 2015 during Airlifelinefest, which will take place at the county hangar located at Ford Airport.
The evening air will be filled with acoustic sounds of Norton & Chartier from 5 PM to 6:45 PM, The Nothing Less Party Band out of Marquette from 7 PM to 8:45 PM, and OZ, a local based regional act from 9 PM to 11 PM. All acts will perform on staging and sound system provide by Dave Sullivan and Upper Audio.
While some details are still in the planning stages, excitement is growing with the return of Airlifelinefest. Updates can be obtained from NWALL Members, thru the NWALL Facebook page, our website; www.northwoodsairlifeline.org , or by contacting Co-coordinator Teresa Louys (906) 396-4148 / email.